What Is KLEEN KOTE?
If you could prepare, protect and preserve your cargo hold from staining, contamination and corrosion all with a single product, why wouldn’t you? Kleen Kote Paint Protector is for use in cargo holds as well as on decks and bridges to protect painted and unpainted surfaces from bulk cargo. Whether you are carrying cement powder, coal/pet coke, fertilizers, grains, salt/sulfur, or iron ore fines, you no longer have to spend excessive time and money to clean and prepare between shipments. Now you can accept various types of cargo that you would have previously not accepted due to the high cleanup costs and associated downtime.
KLEEN KOTE is a protective coating that has been successfully field tested and proven to work on the deck and also cargo holds of vessels. KLEEN KOTE is environmentally and user-friendly. It is non-staining, does not contain any silicones, solvents or phosphates, is safe on nearly any surface sprayed, and will not contaminate the exposed cargo.
Available Sizes: • 1 gallon • 4-1 gallon case • 5 gallon • 55 gallon • 275 gallon tote
HOW KLEEN KOTE 200 Paint Protector for cargo holds™- WORKS
KLEEN KOTE is a water-based, coating that protects and preserves the deck and cargo holds of vessels by depositing a thin protective film, creating a virtually non-stick surface. KLEEN KOTE allows for quicker, easier cleanup after discharging your cargo – now you can protect your hold and deck from staining and stickage; preserve the hold walls to prevent corrosion and repainting; keep your holds “grain clean” with less time and effort — all with A SINGLE PRODUCT.
- It does not contain any silicones, solvents or phosphates.
- Shipped in concentrated form to reduce packaging waste and storage space.
- KLEEN KOTE is non-staining and will not contaminate the contents of your cargo. It will not harm electrical apparatus, wiring or controls and is water-based.
- KLEEN KOTE does not leave a slick residue on sprayed surfaces, making it safe for your employees.
Easy to Use
- Simply add concentrate to the required amount of water and the product is ready to use.
- It eliminates the need for bulky covers as well as oily or wax-based coatings that need to be scraped or scrubbed off.
- Does not require any special application or mixing equipment.
- Can be applied immediately after the surface has been washed — no waiting for the surface to dry before applying.
Efficient and Effective
- Eliminates the need for extra processing steps.
- There is no need to remove the coating after transit or storage–your product is ready for use.
- Reduces labor time and costs with quick as well as simple application.
- Withstands all environmental conditions, including preventing flash rust on freshly cleaned surfaces.
- Adjustable, water-based product for use in multiple applications.
- 55 gallons (208 liters) of concentrate, mixed at 8 to 1 with water, makes 495 gallons (1,874 liters) of ready-to-use product and has an average coverage ratio of 2,000 sq. ft. (185 sq. meters) per mixed gallon (3.79 liters).
- KLEEN KOTE leaves a thin, clear barrier that will not rinse off in rain. Also, it protects against various environmental conditions.
- Withstands the severe environmental conditions of the maritime industry AND holds up for the duration of exposure.
Extends Product Life
- It protects and preserves against the potential threats caused by atmospheric corrosion, corrosive environments as well as contaminants.